Friday, November 24, 2017

RC Spitfire Elevator Horn - a Texism .. Man on a Galloping Horse

1/5 Brian Taylor Spitfire Horn - I saw this post on a Spitfire build - the elevator horn. I would not do this on my warbirds. Those threaded M3 bolts being used are liable to crack after a while. I prefer the Top Flite method shown, individual servo and horn per control surface for redundancy plus with the horn on the outside you can see and inspect the horn and linkage.

If you have flown rc with Tex Gehman you will have heards his Texism's, The "Man on a Galloping Horse at 10 feet" is one of them,  meanings a that no one will see your elevator horn in flight as they appreciate your spirited Spitfire performance so why do a poor control horn installation just to hide it, unless its a static only model.  I hope to add more Texism's galloping horse posts in the future!








Image result for man on a galloping horse

No comments:

Post a Comment